A toast!

The Bourbon Babe doesn’t drink just bourbon. Sometimes you have to branch out – for instance, when you are making a champagne toast just after midnight in the state Capitol to newly inaugurated Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and Lt. Gov. Jerry Abramson. (If you think it’s easy to make a toast while photographing that toast at the same time, think again. But until I can afford to hire a minion, this will have to do.)

OK, I drank some bourbon, too. Woodford Reserve was the featured brand at a reception before the swearing-in ceremony. And this seems like as good a time as any to recap one of my favorite Gov. Beshear quotes: ”95 percent of all bourbon comes from Kentucky – and the other 5 percent is counterfeit.”  

Leave a Reply

The Bourbon Babe