I can’t wait for next Thursday (July 28) and the Four Roses Bourbon Dinner at the lovely Buck’s Restaurant in Old Louisville.
Executive Chef Andrew Welenken has planned a menu infused with the bourbons of Four Roses. Prepare to drool:
- Seared scallops with a Four Roses Yellow Label Bourbon and blueberry barbecue sauce (paired with a tasting of Yellow Label)
- Grilled turkey rib with a Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon sauce over a frisée pear salad (with a tasting of the Single Barrel)
- Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon strawberry mint julep granite, to cleanse the palate
- Four Roses Bourbon and maple glazed pork tenderloin medallion with sweet potato mousse or Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon brown sugar-crumbled salmon with apple bourbon reduction and wilted arugula (with tasting of Small Batch)
- Four Roses 2011 Limited Edition Single Barrel Bourbon and vanilla bean crème brulee, paired with a tasting of the 2011
Before dinner, Al Young, author of “Four Roses – The Return of a Whiskey Legend,” will briefly discuss the interesting history of Four Roses, which is produced in Lawrenceburg, Ky., but for years could only be purchased overseas. Guests will receive a signed copy of the book.
The Four Roses Dinner is $65 per person and there are still spots available. Call 502.637.5284 to make a reservation. Maybe I’ll see you there.